Articles on this Page
- 09/14/13--01:54: _Day 2 - What's Your...
- 09/16/13--02:14: _Day 3 and Day 4 - F...
- 09/17/13--03:00: _DAY 5 FAVOURITE FEM...
- 09/19/13--05:06: _Day 6 and Day 7 in ...
- 09/20/13--06:45: _Supernatural 30 Day...
- 09/21/13--06:55: _Supernatural 30 Day...
- 10/07/13--07:35: _Real life stealing ...
- 10/07/13--22:50: _AT LAST!! The final...
- 10/09/13--05:21: _RUN to this site an...
- 10/09/13--23:24: _"their codependency...
- 10/18/13--08:17: _you forget....
- 10/31/13--06:24: _jsyk - sam is judgi...
- 12/23/13--03:38: _drive by pic post
- 12/31/13--06:13: _2013 Year in Review
- 10/12/14--01:54: _Whoah....i mean.......
- 03/07/15--04:50: _Article 2
- 03/13/15--19:23: _J2 - A vid to make ...
- 03/18/15--07:34: _Vicariously Enjoyin...
- 09/14/13--01:54: Day 2 - What's Your Favourite Episode?
- 09/17/13--03:00: DAY 5 FAVOURITE FEMALE CHARACTER
- 09/19/13--05:06: Day 6 and Day 7 in one post!!
- 09/20/13--06:45: Supernatural 30 Day Challenge - Day 8
- 09/21/13--06:55: Supernatural 30 Day Challenge - Day 9
- 10/07/13--22:50: AT LAST!! The final day of Hellatus is here....
- 10/09/13--05:21: RUN to this site and listen to this Podcast
- 10/18/13--08:17: you forget....
- 10/31/13--06:24: jsyk - sam is judging you for reading picture books.
- 12/23/13--03:38: drive by pic post
- 12/31/13--06:13: 2013 Year in Review
- 10/12/14--01:54: Whoah....i mean....WHOAAAAH.
- 03/07/15--04:50: Article 2
- 03/13/15--19:23: J2 - A vid to make you smile
- 03/18/15--07:34: Vicariously Enjoying Vegas Con Shots
HA!!! How does anyone choose out so many good episodes?? I'm going to go with 1 Favourite Episode for EACH SEASON - it's the only way I can address this without my brain imploding from the decision-making overload.
Season 8: SACRIFICE - didn't even hesitate, without a doubt one of my all time favourite Sam and Dean scenes EVER.
Season 7: Slash Fiction
Season 6: I CANNOT DECIDE!! The Man Who Knew Too Much and The French Mistake
Season 5: The End and Swan Song
Season 4: When The Levee Breaks and The Monster At The End Of This Book
Season 3: A Very Supernatural Christmas
Season 2: All Hell Breaks Loose 1&2
Season 1: Pilot
Catching up here...
Day Three: Favourite Season - This would have to be Season 2
Day Four: Favourite Male (besides Sam and Dean) it's got to be......hmmmm......I think I'm going with GABRIEL. Cos he redeemed himself there in the end and I love his mischief.
Hmmmm...so I'm gonna PICK TWO! Because really I need one for Seasons 1 through 5 and then I need one for Seasons 6 - 8.
Seasons 1 through 5 - I pick Missouri Mosely. That woman is most excellent.
Seasons 5 through 8 - I pick Charlie Bradbury. (for the Good side) ......and Abbaddon (for the Bad Side) ;)
And Genevieve for the best line ever: SEE ICON.
WHY?? Because that's just how I roll. Also there's only like 22 SLEEPS TILL SEASON 9 BABY!! Booooo yeah!!!
Fine because zebra363 is gonna say you can only pick one I'll go with Charlie as my one and only
Day 6: Favourite SPN Actor? Jared Padalecki. And ACTRESS? Nicki Aycox.
Day 7: Favourite Angel (besides Castiel)? Hmmmmmmmmmmm. I really liked Samandriel. Zach and Uriel are total dicks. Balti? Pretty self serving.
It's gotta be GABRIEL. Love that guy. He's got style. A certain Je ne se quois. Plus a candy weakness. I love characters that go through world view changing epiphanies too.
Day 8 - Least Favourite Character
Okay there's 3 all equally disliked:
Season 5 Meg
And at some point I realise I am supposed to dislike these characters. BUT...The only time I liked Rachel Miner's Meg was in her very last episode...and Anna? Quite frankly she never grabbed me. I can be a little more meta about all my issues with that character but it's the weekend. And Sam Campbell? I never trusted that rat bastard. But then I gotta say Mitch Pileggi plays a lot of characters I revel in disliking!
Before you searching always remember to change your IP adress to not be followed!
PROTECT YOURSELF & SUPPORT US! Purchase a VPN Today!
Day 9 - Favourite Overall Villian
Without a doubt - irrevocably - this guy. Mark is the quintessential Lucifer. He was so deliciously insidious every moment on screen. Very close to him (and sadly lacking in a good send off) is Dick Roman followed by Crowley in third place who won't ever be a favourite villian purely for the comedic caricature element of his character. But he is very entertaining. I'll give him that.
My goodness I won't bore you all with the real life shenanigans going on recently (all good I assure you) that have stolen me away from my online time....but I do so wish to get this done BEFORE the premiere. YOU GUYS HELLATUS IS SO CLOSE TO BEING OVER I CAN TASTE IT!
But I digress....
DAY 10. Favourite Misha character? You know it's a combo win for me - between Future!Cas and French Mistake Misha as Actor Douchebag. I love how Misha always talks about how that character is dialled back a bit from the level of douchery he actually wanted to portray. One day Misha...one day.
DAY 11. Favourite Character Introduction. DEATH. In Two Minutes to Midnight. Windy streets of Chicago, that classic car, the music. What an arrival. A close second I have to say is Castiel's in Lazarus Rising.
DAY 12. Scariest Episode. Without hesitation I have to say Family Remains. Inbred Seriously Violent Offspring in the Walls? Not cool. So very very not cool. In fact that shit is as creepy as all hell. *Shudders*
DAY 13. Favourite Bobby Scene. Again my mind flew straight to the image of the boys on his couch arguing about movie candy and Bobby looking on fondly beer in hand. Pretty much the entire episode of At Death's Door can count for my favourite Bobby scene right?
DAY 14. Ruby 1.0 or 2.0? Well now. That's just mean. I liked them both. In fact I don't think I would have liked either of them as much if the other was never there. Katie's version had me intently suspicious ALL the time. As in I never thought she was doing anything for anyone but herself. But that suspicion began to be assuaged by Gen's Ruby. I honestly didn't pick where she was ultimately heading and I really liked that. Plus Gen and Jared were so damn hot on screen. Oy...*fans self*
DAY 15. Episode that makes you cry. There were a number of them. Screw you Supernatural. Let's just go with the most recent shall we? Sacrifice. Stupid Sam with his stupid lack of self worth. And his stupid words and Dean's stupid words back. Gah!!! *throws hands up* I give up. *sniffle*
DAY 16. Favourite Demon. Hmmmmmmmm. This one is interesting. We've had soooo many. I think it would be Meg. But I need more consideration time on this one. Also the criteria for what constitutes a demon can be a little grey.
DAY 17. Favourite Ship. Ship? What ship? What is this shipping we talk of? LOL! I don't ship. I read, watch and like just about any ship if it's well made. But I do have an affinity for the Sam and Dean ship above all else. As in you give me a rec list of fantastic fic for all kinds of ships and I'll seek out the Sam and Dean fic first. But I think I have read in pretty much every ship. Wait. Let me clarify every ship that involves one or both brothers. I'm not read in anything minus Sam and Dean. Except for maybe Jo and John in a weak moment. Shhhhhhh.
DAY 18. Favourite Ghost/Monster. Has to be the Serial Killer Sam and Dean. Equal with Dick Roman.
DAY 19. Favourite Gag Reel Moment. MOMENT? Are you kidding me? There's nearly 80 minutes worth of gag reels by now. BEST MOMENT out of all that??? HONESTLY?? This is just cruel. FINE. I'll pick. When Jared rips his pants. Jensen's reaction is just a thing of pure beauty.
DAY 20. Favourite Crying/Sad Scene. Really? Come on didn't we just answer this one with Day 15? *sigh* These boys make my heart ache on a number of scenes. Ugh. Good lord. Running through the reel on these scenes in my mind is just giving me awful feelings. Dean at the end of AHBL Part 1, Sam in Heart, Dean in....well so MANY episodes. Sam in a number of scenes especially when he's in the psych ward when Lucifer is torturing him. When the Levee Breaks. Dean praying for his brother. When Bobby dies. Honestly TV shows should NOT be this EMOTIONAL. I'm going to pick the scene at the end of Sacrifice since it's most freshly traumatic in my mind.
Tomorrow I will post my final 10 days worth!
And in honour of that let me put this here and complete this meme!
Day 21. Favourite Sex Scene? It has to be a tie. Between Sam and Madison in Heart and SoullessSam and Random Female Victim in Unforgiven. I gotta say sex scenes must be one of the most challenging scenes to write, act and get right. You've got shows where they always seem to just fit seamlessly and appropriate (Spartacus I'm looking at you also Californication) and other shows where they are like rare creatures seldom seen by the public and looking completely out of place in their new environment. Sometimes SPN does it right but not always. However when they get it right they get it right so well I forget those times it didn't quite flow with the episode.
Day 22. Least favourite episode or season. I am with ash48 on this through and through. Swap Meat was beyond redemption. I like to refer it as Swap Dean, since apparently Dean was replaced in this episode by some sort of muppet with absolutely no kind of Winchester brother history whatsoever. What made it worse was the body swap story had so much more potential than this. Ugh. DISLIKED INTENSELY. There's not many of them.
Day 23. Favourite Winchester Family member. It's a tie. Between Henry Winchester and Bobby Singer. I thought the concept that Bobby is just as much family (if not more in some cases) as John or Mary or Adam was a real solid move in the writing. Then of course when we get more of Bobby's back story it becomes even more plain to see. But that episode with Henry was fantastic. I really enjoyed that character.
Day 24. Funniest Episode. Tall Tales was winning for a long time then The French Mistake came along. And Changing Channels. I'm not calling this one - all three of these will have me laughing out loud and it doesn't matter how many times I see them.
Day 25. Favourite Season Premiere. Lazarus Rising. This episode was like a perfectly played piece of intense classical music. There wasn't a single moment where I wasn't riveted to the screen. What a roller coaster ride delivering just the right notes and balance of answers and questions. Plus the arrival of Castiel was pretty fucking impressive.
Day 26. Character I'd Most Like To See Return. Frank Devereaux. We haven't seen a body so in my book he's still alive and his abrasive and blunt manner with the boys just amused me no end. A smart cookie I can see him and Charlie making a fabulous source of help for the boys.
Day 27. Favourite SPN Sam Quote. In Free to be You And Me he says "There is always reason for hope." I love that line. It's really stuck with me. Reminds me of his relentless never quit attitude, his sheer bloody mindedness and pure steel will that gets him through. It's one of his most admirable qualities whilst still being a flaw at times.
Day 28. Favourite SPN Dean Quote. Oh my so glad we've had 8x23 because it is there in black and white: "Don't you dare think that there is anything, past or present, that I would put in front of you! It has never been like that, ever! I need you to see that. I'm begging you." prior to this it was this one from The End: "Long story. The point is...maybe we are each other's Achilles heel. Maybe they'll find a way to use us against each other, I don't know. I just know we're all we've got. More than that. We keep each other human."
Day 29. Meg 1.0 or 2.0? I think Nikki Aycox was great every episode she was in and Rachel Miner was fantastic in ONE episode. So I'm going with Meg 1.0 on overall likeability for me. It was such a shame that I felt Rachel had finally got a handle on her Meg when she up and died at the end of it! Grrrrr.
Day 30. Favourite Season Finale? Well it's just got to be Season 8's Sacrifice. Swan Song and The Man Who Knew Too Much both very strong and very close seconds! Ugh. Swan Song. That was just sad all round. So poignant. Loved it in a very masochistic way I must say.
THERE! MEME COMPLETE!! HOORAH!!!
It's been a totally FANTABULOUS day all round - with my friends coming round and sharing the 8x23 rewatch followed by the 9x01 Premiere viewing - three times! LOL!
But before Season 9 overtakes everything I must share this with all my friends.
Aisha Tyler (author, actress, podcaster all round awesome chick) who does the Girl on Guy shows did a one hour interview with Jared at the SDCC. This is the second one she's done. And it is just great - finally posted today :)
Topics covered with Jared include:
The homoerotic elements (including art he and Jensen downloaded of Sam and Dean .... in a compromising position let's say - they glued it to the back of Clif's phone)
Stopping the entire Euro Rail train system.
The aspects of fame - how you present yourself.
The show and it's longevity.
Masturbating Bonobos at the San Diego Zoo.
Brewing beer and how Jensen has started doing it - IPAs and stouts.
How much Misha gave him shit for the shirtless scenes in The Third Man.
How he survived the pressure of working on established TV shows.
Neil Degrasse Tyson
Reading books - such as Aisha's Self Inflicted Wounds
Being a raging giant angry American on a train
Ryan Gosling jerking off. (Jared's loved him since Murder By Numbers)
Pull ups on ceiling roof pipes equal instant asshole character
Jared is sensitive about how he looks doing sit ups on camera
The reading story from the test read of the pilot.
Jonathan Taylor Thomas. (He's always been a little envious)
And more....it's a GREAT interview!
Go listen here: Aisha Tyler - Jared Padalecki - Girl On Guy
I'm not one to post a lot lately. But since it's school holidays and I should be doing distasteful things like tax returns, breast scans, blood work ups, 9th grade english assessment marking, trying to book a pleasant dinner reservation for 7 people for the parents' 40th Wedding Anniversary (when said Parents are about as adventurous as Victor Meldrew out of One Foot In The Grave) I think I'd rather AVOID like a champ and make a note here of some of my 9x01 thoughts.
That subject line was indeed a reaction line from someone on twitter. I looked at it bemused, thinking - where the fuck have you been for the last 8 years? Then the tried and true - <insert whiny nasal voice tone> when does Dean get his own storyline? that whiny, entitled, BORING, old reaction was trotted out too.
I really liked it. In fact I loved much of it. What an opener! So many threads still to be tied up, so many threads newly unravelled. I love pretty much any episode that let's us go inside either of these boys' heads. The choices the writer's make about who represents what in Sam's head. Turns out Reapers don't need to show up in person when you're in a coma, they can come and gently have a chat with you in your head. And if you've saved the world and are a big damn hero like Sam Winchester, Death himself will even show up for you.
Sam Winchester wanted to die, but only after he got the promise from Death that "nobody else can get hurt because of me". He may as well have got the promise that said "my brother won't get hurt." But Sam also chose Dean at the end of Sacrifice. And Sam chose Dean again at the end here when Ezekiel rides Dean into Sam's head so that Dean can convince him to say yes. I don't think it was Ezekiel driving when Dean turns up in Death's cabin (contrary to popular opinion) to deliver that plea that Sam about his plan and how he can help. During that scene back in the hospital room I pictured the same scene when Ezekiel shows Sam's conversation with Death, A hand on each brother's forehead. Dean will do anything to keep his brother with him and alive. We know he doesn't do well without him, was basically living a shelled out, hollow impression of a life after Sam went into the pit. It's not healthy, it is sad, somewhat selfish and it's pretty damn twisted, but this is the Winchesters and it's why I love Dean and Sam.
A few questions I had - Ezekiel says "No good ones I'm afraid." Dean "Well what are the bad ones?" Makes me think there was more than one option here. I would want to know all the bad options!
Dean wants Sam to know straight away initially. Wants Sam to understand what he did and why. Dean truly feels that given the scenario Sam will accept this. It's only when Ezekiel warns him what will happen if Sam ejects him that he rethinks that choice. Without a doubt Sam is gonna be pissed about this. Is it more than likely that if the tables were reversed Dean would be equally pissed and outraged by such a move - knowing how both of them feel about angels? I'd like to trust Ezekiel. Because that would be something very new. A trustworthy angel. I remember back in Houses of The Holy Sam desperately hoping for some higher power, some greater good, something that could look out for him and save him. An angel who could possibly contribute to that process of purification that Sam talked about in Season 8. But Sam is going to find out quickly I think. No matter how many memory wipes Ezekiel does, Sam is going to know something is wrong.
Where do the banished Angels go? I think it must be Vegas.
Is Metatron the big bad for S9? Is Crowley going to be trunk ridden for the next few episodes? Has the MOL bunker trapped Kevin? How is Cas, as a human, going to evade so many overly zealous for vengeance Angels on earth?
Dean has his storyline. That storyline has always been and always will be Sam. Since Sam was 6 months old he has been Dean's storyline. Sam has wanted Dean to have more than just big brother as his storyline. But Dean has tried that. And failed at it. It's messed up but it works. And if I wanted a show about normal brother relationships I would watch Parenthood or Malcolm in The Middle. Thanks be to Kripke for my psychotically, irrationally, erotically co dependent brothers. May they never change, have normalcy or end up dying separately.
A comparison on the lengths they go to for each other:
S1.12 - Faith - Dean is dying, his heart about to stop. Sam tracks down a faith healer, doesn't look too closely before getting him to save Dean's life. Turns out someone dies so Dean can live. Dean outraged. Sam shrugs and says let's fix it (now that my big brother is cured)
S2 - AHBL1 Sam is dead. Dean sacrifices his soul to bring back Sam.
End of S3 - Dean goes to Hell. Sam does everything in his power and beyond to try and get Dean back. Including offering himself as sacrifice to the Crossroads Demon.
S4 - Sam practically kills himself seeking vengeance for Dean's time in Hell along with Mum and Dad's deaths.
End of S5 - Sam essentially ends his life by jumping into the pit to take Lucifer back.
Start of S6 - Dean goes through hell trying to save Sam eventually follows Sam's wishes and goes to Lisa.
Mid S6 - Dean agrees to be Death for a day to get Sam's soul back.
End S7 - Dean disappears with Cas to Purgatory
Start of S8 - That bizarre time when Sam never looks for Dean - not relevant to this list at all.
End of S8 - Sam willing to sacrifice his life for his brother and the world in order to shut the gates forever.
Start of S9 - Dean gets Sam to say YES to Ezekiel so that Sam can live.
A long and sordid history of completely psychotic plans to save each other. GOOD TIMES!
Before you searching always remember to change your IP adress to not be followed!
PROTECT YOURSELF & SUPPORT US! Purchase a VPN Today!
Sometimes just how scary show can be.
I wanted a viewing task for my 9th graders today and showed them 1x02 Wendigo.
All of them bar one had never seen it before. Good grief they were jumping in their seats like the boogey man himself had leapt out the screen at them. More than a few oaths were uttered around the "holy shit" variety. I'd forgotten how scary Wendigo was. Indeed the scare factor is nowhere near the level that it used to be in terms of frequency of delivery.
First scene that had them jumping was Sam's dream as he delivers flowers to Jessica's grave and the hand reaches out and grabs him.
Then the woods scenes - where Roy gets snatched, followed not too long after Roy dropping from the tree.
Then the whole underground mine/cave scenes.
It was fun to see it through these fresh eyes...and even better there were a number of them commenting about the fact that they needed to "get this show" as in rent it on dvd, download it whatever and watch from the beginning. It was "hell cool".
We got into some good discussions about how the boys were such vastly contrasting character types and how Dean had noticed Sam was acting out of character due to his residual anger over Jess. We talked personality types and how Dean seemed almost ridiculously reckless - "Miss - who the hell would DRAW THE MONSTER to them????" - with his life.
Pretty sure they've all just decided they're never going camping without peanut m&m "provisions" ever again.
Still wanna rewatch 9x02 before I do my reaction post - initial thought?
The witch stepping up at that moment actually made me roll my eyes, because to be frank I had been wondering about the somewhat laissez faire approach both the boys had been taking. IT'S A WITCH FELLAS. It's all very well now you have fancy poppy bullets but what were you doing before that? Why does Dean have to take the key so obviously out the box? Why can't he just look and then LEAVE? Oh right the story...so Charlie can throw herself in harms way. That whole scenario felt clunky and forced to me. I don't mind the idea that Charlie gets seriously hurt (even killed) trying to protect Dean. I do mind that it's not done in a smart way...this whole scene was just too paint by the numbers.
And then to the scene that grated my chops the most....
Why not use this moment to explain to Sam who Zeke is. Sam sees Charlie lying there dead. Dean distraught. Dean telling Sam he's gotta let Zeke bring her back. Sam: Who is Zeke? Dean explains it all. Sam would be incredibly upset....but I'm positive he would see his way clear to thinking how to bring Charlie back. Have Sam be an active part of how to save Charlie rather than just an ignorant tool. He would have been forced to not reject Zeke in order to bring her back. He would have had to listen to Dean who would have told him about how Zeke had saved his life and Dean's life and the lives of other people. Perhaps an argument might be that he was pressed for time, the Witch has the key etc etc. But quite honestly they didn't seem all that urgent about the tasks prior to Charlie's death (or after she was back!). I find the time factor argument not a sufficient one to support his rather rash behaviour. Especially when you consider later on they're busy talking about their concept of home (after it's been seen the Witch can kill with one zap and now she has the key and is still around injured) - where's the urgency?? Boys - YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE HUNTING!!
The cars alone had me drooling. The garage, Crowley's Wicked references, the first edition Wizard of Oz hardback, BABY looking so beautiful, ACDC and Sam's indirect verbal acquiescence that maybe he can just start calling the Bunker home plus the boys bathed-in-the-light-of-Oz level of pretty was enough to get me through. But boy oh boy this was a tough one. Certainly comes in 3rd in terms of enjoyment so far. 9x01 is still at #1 and 9x02 and 9x03 are equal 2nd. I liked both of those episodes just as much as each other.
*WAVES MADLY* at you all...I'm still here! Still reading...still thinking wow I really need to post! But damn there is SOOOOO much to post about!
So as I madly wrap pressies, try to remember to pack everything we need for a few days at the farm here have a photo of our TV room since Sam and Dean arrived today in time to oversee the wrapping of the presents ...no doubt casting judgements over the lack of skin mags, shaving cream, fuel for Baby and fuel for Dean but approving the mandatory tradition of A Very Supernatural Christmas viewing.
Complete with lava lamp, lego Millenium Falcon and The Dark Tower in the background.
HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!! And if you don't celebrate it have a great break however long or short it may be. Just think only 19 more sleeps TILL A NEW EPISODE!!!
Stealing this from zebra363
1. What did you do in 2013 that you'd never done before? Went to Spain....drove a BMW across three different countries....and slept out all night for the Supernatural Comic Con Panel...achieved 3 first places in the State Agility Titles. Stayed in Oregon with my friend Daisy, visited many fine establishments in LA
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't make New Year's Resolutions....but I make life changes. Some have stuck, some not so much.
Resolutions for 2014:
Get back into the habit of drinking more water
More calories out than in on a daily basis
Know the difference between thinking positively and just thinking about the future....spend less time on the just thinking about the future and more time on just enjoying the moments I am in right now. With the big 40 next year I'm going to take George Carlin's advice and measure my life not in the number of breaths I take but in the moments that take my breath away.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes...sister in law. On the 12th of May - a young nephew for us, named Nate.
4. Did anyone close to you die? No
5. What countries did you visit? England, France, Italy, Spain, United States.
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013? More discipline. In EVERYTHING.
7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory? Arriving home from our epic 2012 trip on January 6th and meeting the newest member of our family - Colt. The premiere of Season 9 Supernatural on October 14th. April 20th - that day we did very well at the State Agility Titles. AHBL3 in Melbourne on May 27. SDCC Supernatural and Nerd HQ July 21st. Jus In Bello - May 9th/10th in Rome.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Re-adjusting to full time work after a year off, our agility achievements - a Champion title bestowed on my oldest girl competing and teaching. Oh and snapping a few good pics at some Cons:
9. What was your biggest failure? My ability to adhere to a regular exercise routine.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I have resented the return of my foot condition known as Plantar Fasciitis. It has impacted on my agility and I resent it massively because the podiatry industry insists that NOT RUNNING is a valid treatment. I am treating it but not in a long lasting way and it is no doubt linked mightily to #9.
11. What was the best thing you bought? A block of land.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Hmmm. This one is tricky. Everyday I read stories about people whose behaviour merited celebration but ultimately their behaviour was not out of the ordinary. It was just seen/heard/read by more people. I like to think that we all have exhibited behaviour every year that has merited celebration. That person who gave some shoes to the needy, that person who rescued that dog, that person who helped that elderly person enjoy their last few days, that person who gave someone a smile and a hug and said How you doing? to someone who was feeling less than worthy.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Let's not go there. But I can give one clue - his name rhymes with Babbott.
14. Where did most of your money go? Holidays and savings
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? SDCC, NerdHQ, World Agility Open, SPN Season 9 Premiere.
16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? The same
ii. thinner or fatter? The latter
iii. richer or poorer? The same
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Lived in the moments, taken a few breaths and been outside more.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Thinking about the future.
20. How did you spend Christmas? With family and friends on the second floor of a beach house in Dongara - a small coastal West Aussie town.
21. Who did you meet for the first time? The makers of the documentary Showrunners, Jenna - a new friend made at SDCC, Maartje - a fellow teacher and many, many others.
22. Did you fall in love in 2013? Yes - with Colt ;) Seriously how could anyone NOT fall in love with this face:
23. How many one-night stands? Nope...none. Except with the grass lining up area for Hall H on Saturday night at SDCC.
24. What was your favourite TV program? Supernatural
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Hate is just way too labour intensive for my style. Loathing however...again that Babbott creature.
26. What was the best book you read? Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson (my whole approach to #36 really)
26a. Favourite fanfiction story? Anything by sowell, deirdre_c, de_nugis, bertee, tebtosca, zubeneschamali
26b. Favourite vid? Anything by Ash48, secretlytodream and proofpudding.
26c. Favourite fan artwork? ALL the art by Petit Madame
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Walk off The Earth and Sixx AM
28. What did you want and get? Oh this is too lengthy a list to write here. I feel very fortunate. Nearly front row seats at NerdHQ was definitely high up there.
29. What did you want and not get? Jared Padalecki at JIB 2013. That will never NOT be a sad moment for me.
30. What was your favourite film of the year? No stunning standouts for me but I loved Man Of Steel, Pacific Rim, Thor and The Desolation of Smaug. Most important film of the year? Blackfish
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was 39 and I celebrated early with a fantastic dinner with missyjack and Mel_b_angel in Melbourne at Easy Tiger.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Having maintained fitness levels.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013? Pushing the work appropriate attire boundaries with my tee shirts.
34. What kept you sane? Tim....Supernatural....the dogs.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I gotta say....Tom Welling at the Venice Film Festival...I mean JUST LOOK!
36. What political issue stirred you the most? DO NOT START ME ON THE WHOLE WAKING UP TO A BRAND NEW PM such as the dumping of JG and the election.
37. Who did you miss? My friend Missy, my buddy Nanette and my good friend at work...who took stress leave.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
If you really, REALLY want something in life it's often a well-oiled, harmonious partnership that will be the biggest asset in helping you get it.
39. Something new that worked out really well for you during the year: The new block of land, somehow against all the odds jagging a ticket to Nerd HQ, my acting Head of Learning Area at work. She was new this year and she was great...I'll be sad not to have her next year as my immediate line manager.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: We're all in the same boat
Staying afloat for the moment (From Gotye - Eyes Wide Open)
40A. (My usual replacement question for 40) Most useful piece of advice or comment you received:
There were lots of good pieces of advice I got this year. Mostly through reading though more than anything. The most salient of them being, I believe, (and closely related to some changes I want to make next year) that I should stop thinking about the future so much. It's not worrying but more like stewing/concentrating really hard/laser focussing, making sure I feel like I've got it all planned out so I don't miss a thing. I need to be in the now. 2014 The Year of the Now.
I'm just gonna put this here. For reasons.
Before you searching always remember to change your IP adress to not be followed!
PROTECT YOURSELF & SUPPORT US! Purchase a VPN Today!
Got an email that told me my paid account had expired...figured I better get in here and use this journal!
These photos are from the Nerd HQ in San Diego last year. I posted them on Twitter and my Tumblr but haven't been on LJ much of late. I drop in from time to time to have a squizzy at what my friends are up to - I'm going to try and use this place more.
Here's a link to the 100 or so pics I managed to take last year.
REDTEEKAL NerdHQ2015 FLICKR ACCOUNT ALBUM
What's helping me to keep on keeping on right now (in a currently toxic workplace) is the countdown now - to May 23rd and 24th when the boys are coming out to Melbourne and Sydney! YAY!! (However as excited as I am - it is Hub so on the same note it's kind of a I'll believe it when I see it case as well) but even more exciting is the countdown to SDCC 2015. July school holidays are shaping up to be EPIC!
Enjoy the smile making taste of the NerdHQ pics I took last year :)
Gah! This friendship. 10 years on and it still makes me so happy watching them together. I am alternately both assaulted with all the good feelings and the envy - we all have friendships but really are any as epic as this? Working so closely how many hours a week together and still they have this? Love this vidder's talent!
Make sure you show her some love - TheJessy34 on Tumblr, Twitter and Youtube.